Reading, sharing, discussing, and learning together ...
MONDAYS ONLINE at 11:00 AM Mountain
We read a chapter on Kindle and listen to the Audible version while we are screen sharing in a Zoom chat room. Conversations, insights, and dialogue are encouraged, but not required. (Subscribe to be reminded of the meeting in advance.)
Effortless: Make It Easier to Do What Matters Most
AUTHOR: Greg McKeown
New York Times Best Seller
A Times (UK) Best Book of the Year
From the author of the million-copy-selling Essentialism comes an empowering guide to achieving your goals. It all starts with a simple principle: Not everything has to be so hard.
“In a world beset by burnout, Greg McKeown’s work is essential.” (Daniel H. Pink, author of When, Drive, and To Sell Is Human)
“At a time when fear, uncertainty, and our ever-growing list of responsibilities have come to feel like much too much to handle, Effortless couldn’t be timelier, or more necessary.” (Eve Rodsky, author of Fair Play)
Do you ever feel like:
- You’re teetering right on the edge of burnout?
- You want to make a higher contribution, but lack the energy?
- You’re running faster but not moving closer to your goals?
- Everything is so much harder than it used to be?
As high achievers, we’ve been conditioned to believe that the path to success is paved with relentless work. That if we want to overachieve, we have to overexert, overthink, and overdo. That if we aren’t perpetually exhausted, we’re not doing enough.
But lately, working hard is more exhausting than ever. And the more depleted we get, the more effort it takes to make progress. Stuck in an endless loop of “Zoom, eat, sleep, repeat”, we’re often working twice as hard to achieve half as much.
Getting ahead doesn’t have to be as hard as we make it. No matter what challenges or obstacles we face, there is a better way: Instead of pushing ourselves harder, we can find an easier path.
Effortless offers actionable advice for making the most essential activities the easiest ones, so you can achieve the results you want, without burning out.
Effortless teaches you how to:
- Turn tedious tasks into enjoyable rituals
- Prevent frustration by solving problems before they arise
- Set a sustainable pace instead of powering through
- Make one-time choices that eliminate many future decisions
- Simplify your processes by removing unnecessary steps
- Make relationships easier to maintain and manage
- And much more
The effortless way isn’t the lazy way. It’s the smart way. It may even be the only way.
Not every hard thing in life can be made easy. But we can make it easier to do more of what matters most.
BUY ON AMAZON SMILE
Each one of these books is highly recommended. / Chose an image and click to buy on Amazon.
BOOK CIRCLES online chat facilitates our deep-dive discussion into cutting edge books written by authors who are experts in their fields.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
After saying hello, the screen is shared, and the chapter is verbally read.
- A relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
- Interesting comments, discussions, and shared stories.
- A book chat lasts anywhere from 1 hour to 1-1/2 hours. If you are not comfortable in a chat with audio and video, then let us know ahead of time so that we can help you attend anonymously. (For security reasons, this must be known ahead of time.)
- You will not be forced to participate, but you are welcomed to join in and share your thoughts, even if you disagree about something.
Mountain Time (USA and Canada)
TIME ZONE CALCULATOR
Eastern ………….. 1 PM
Central ………….. 12 AM
Mountain ……….. 11 AM
Pacific ……………. 10 AM
UK (London) ……. 6 PM
BOOK CIRCLES are WEEKLY on MONDAYS
Yes, you can come at any time, but we suggest that you read the book along with us so that you are not lost in the discussions.
We’re looking forward to seeing you!