JOIN US FOR MONDAY LUNCH HOUR!
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
Whether you have the book or don’t have the book … you can still join us for lunch on Mondays to read chapter by chapter.
We meet for just one hour every Monday at 11:00 AM Denver time.
Reading, sharing, discussing, learning ... together
MONDAYS ONLINE at 11:00 AM Mountain
We read a chapter on Kindle and listen to the Audible version while we are screen sharing in a Zoom chat room. Conversations, insights, and dialogue are encouraged, but not required. (Subscribe to be reminded of the meeting in advance.)
PREVIOUS BOOKS THAT WE'VE READ TOGETHER ...
BUY ON AMAZON
Each one of these books is highly recommended. / Chose an image and click to buy on Amazon.
The Well-Lived Life: A 102-Year-Old Doctor’s Six Secrets to Health and Happiness at Every Age
By Gladys McGarey, Author
Dr. Gladys McGarey, the centenarian mother of holistic medicine, reveals “a story that teaches as much as it inspires” (Edith Eger, New York Times bestselling author), filled with life-changing secrets for how to live with joy, vitality, and purpose at any age.
Dr. Gladys McGarey, cofounder of the American Holistic Medical Association, began her medical practice at a time when women couldn’t even have their own bank accounts. Over the past sixty years, she has pioneered a new way of thinking about disease and health that has transformed the way we imagine health care and self-care around the world.
Here, Dr. McGarey shares her six actionable secrets to enjoying lives that are long, happy, and purpose-driven:
- Spend your energy wildly: How to embrace your life fully and feel motivated every day.
- All life needs to move: How to move—spiritually, mentally, and physically—to help let go of trauma and other roadblocks.
- You are here for a reason: How to find the everyday “juice” that helps you stay oriented in your life’s purpose.
- You are never alone: How to build a community that’s meaningful to you.
- Everything is your teacher: Discover the deep learnings that come from pain and setbacks.
- Love is the most powerful medicine: Learn to love yourself—and others—into healing.
In a voice that is both practical and inspiring, Dr. McGarey shares her own extraordinary stories and eternal wisdom—from her early childhood in India and a chance encounter with Mahatma Gandhi to her life as a physician and a mother of six, to her survival of both heartbreak and illness. Dr. Gladys shares her inspiring vision for a healthier and more joyful future for us all, filled with “rich and complex truths that will resonate with readers’ hearts and minds” (Dr. Robert Waldinger, New York Times bestselling author).
by Daniel G. Amen
Number one New York Times best-selling author Dr. Daniel Amen reveals the seven neuroscience secrets to becoming more than 30 percent happier in just 30 days – regardless of your age, upbringing, genetics, or current situation.
Happiness is a brain function. With a healthier brain always comes a happier life.
After studying more than 200,000 brain scans of people from 155 countries, Dr. Amen has discovered five primary brain types and seven neuroscience secrets that influence happiness. In You, Happier, he explains them and offers practical science-based strategies for optimizing your happiness.
Dr. Amen will teach you how to:
- Discover your brain type based on your personality and create happiness strategies best suited to you;
- Improve your overall brain health to consistently enhance your mood;
- Protect your happiness by distancing yourself from the “noise” in your head;
- And make seven simple decisions and ask seven daily questions to enhance your happiness.
Creating consistent happiness is a daily journey. In You, Happier, Dr. Amen walks you through neuroscience-based habits, rituals, and choices that will boost your mood and help you live each day with clearly defined values, purpose, and goals.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
BOOK CIRCLES online chat facilitates our deep-dive discussion into cutting-edge books written by authors who are experts in their fields.
After saying hello, the screen is shared, and the chapter is verbally read.
- A relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
- Interesting comments, discussions, and shared stories.
- A book chat lasts anywhere from 1 hour to 1-1/2 hours. If you are not comfortable in a chat with audio and video, then let us know ahead of time so that we can help you attend anonymously. (For security reasons, this must be known ahead of time.)
- You will not be forced to participate, but you are welcomed to join in and share your thoughts, even if you disagree about something.
Mountain Time (USA and Canada)
TIME ZONE CALCULATOR
Eastern ………….. 1 PM
Central ………….. 12 AM
Mountain ……….. 11 AM
Pacific ……………. 10 AM
UK (London) ……. 6 PM
BOOK CIRCLES are WEEKLY on MONDAYS
Yes, you can come at any time, but we suggest that you read the book along with us so that you are not lost in the discussions.
We’re looking forward to seeing you!