October 5 = Self Care - Laughing at the Illusions
Dreams and illusions, fears and worries, are all in your mind. We believe what we want to believe – and then we have to un-believe what is untrue.
Tonight’s video is a reminder to laugh, wonder and explore possibilities. Notice the these stories, where they came from and what roles you are playing in them. What roles others play in them. Notice the stages of belief and disbelief. Laugh – and move on.
CLICK to watch a few videos that are the best reminders of gaslighting, illusions, what people believe, and a reminder to laugh.
September 27 = Self Care - Stop Negative Thoughts
September 21 - Self Care = Identifying Codependent Behaviors
September 14 - Self Care = Overcoming Hopelessness
NEED MORE? TRY THESE ON FOR SIZE ...
September 7 - Self Care = Uncertainty to Certainty
So I turned my mind to understand, to investigate, and to search out wisdom and the scheme of things and to understand the stupidity of wickedness and the madness of folly.
The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit.
August 30 - Self Care - Keeping Your Wits About You
At times it appears that it will be impossible to know where or who the real enemy is. People are pointing fingers at each other and things. It’s rarely what you think it is.
We’ll first identify historical patterns that have a tendency to repeat themselves and then learn what it takes to stay sane in an insane world.
August 24 - Self Care - Recognizing Why It Hurts So Much
This will be a pause and discuss video viewing. You’ll want to take notes for yourself.
August 17 - Self Care - Helping Myself by Helping Others
August 10 - Self Care - Noticing and Reality
Noticing – Notice your reactions to the news, to what you read, what others tell you, what you want to believe versus what they want you to believe.
Reality check! We forget that what we think is perfection is just an illusion. 2020 taught us that well!
Exist in harmony next to those who are closest to you. Be unique, be in sync, free-flowing, powerful. Beautiful.
August 3 - Self Care - Understanding Our Emotions
July 27 - Self Care - Changing Our Thoughts
JULY 20 - Self Care (Imagine that!)
JULY 6- Healthy Growth and Self Love
JUNE 29- Safe People and Self-Sabotage
JUNE 22- Laughter Does Good - Like Medicine!
JUNE 15- Shame and Empathy
JUNE 7 - Becoming Mindful and Learning to Notice
MAY 25 - The Importance of Sleeping
MAY 25 - The Importance of Dreaming
MAY 18 - The Art of the Metaphor
The PDF downloads show various trees, rocks/minerals in all their glory and curiosity. Look at them and notice what emotions they evoke, if you resonate with one or more over others. Why? That’s the power of a metaphor. It goes beyond words and explains feelings. Notice what words, stories, or explanations that .you use to express those feelings
MAY 4 & 11 - Opening Your Eyes to the Lessons in Metaphors
- Is there a thought or belief that was planted by someone else that has you effectively doubting yourself or leaving you paralyzed?
- Have you ever been in the position where you gave up your own right to make decisions in order to be led somewhere where you didn’t want to be?
- Have you felt like you were just “dinner” for others to make them feel better and believed that you didn’t matter? Have you wondered why you are helpless to defend yourself or set healthy boundaries?
- What person/people/thoughts, have you allowed into your life that are pushing out what is precious to you?
- Are you finding that you are devoting more time and energy to this parasite than you are to what truly matters to you?
- Have you lost contact with people or other things in your life that you have enjoyed or that made you happy?
- What has gotten in the way and consumed your time and energy?
- If your life was the mansion, what would a visitor find in it?
- What thoughts/judgments or opinions have you noticed while watching the video?
- What have you learned about YOURSELF while watching this video? (Didn’t notice anything about yourself? Reflect back on your thoughts, opinions, feelings, and if you experienced curiosity, anxiety, or any other emotion.)
- Has someone or something demanded your attention, time, talent, etc., to solve a problem that didn’t even truly exist, but appeared to exist?
- List some of the signs that were huge clues to the non-existence of the stated problem, that the husband completely missed?
- Have you ever had someone in your life that constantly demanded your help, but when the “emergency” or event was over, they blew it off as though it was “no big deal” and left you questioning your reality?
- Even though this is a fun joke – there’s much to be learned regarding GASLIGHTING and how easily it can occurr.
- While watching this particular video, practice noticing what thoughts or emotions rise up for you while watching each item as it is being placed in the grinder.
- Did one type of object matter more than another to you while being destroyed?
- What emotions did you experience while watching? Giddiness? Curiosity? Anxiety? (etc.) Why is that?
- What did each object remind you of?
Metaphors can help you reframe the stories and emotions of things that you are feeling, experiencing, or that have happened to you.
By not focusing on the actual story, but what that story represents to you, you can change the narrative and replace it with a metaphor that will give you power over your peace of mind and your recovery. Try it!
APRIL 26 - Making Peace with Forgiveness
APRIL 20 - Taming the Monkey Mind
NOTE: Each of these videos below must be viewed on YouTube. In fact, when you click on Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 will just play afterwards in succession.
When you click on the video and receive the message, look for the sentence that mentions watching the video on YouTube and click on that to view.
APRIL 13 - Embracing the Power of You
THE SET-UP for the next two videos is a video that illustrates, in a powerful way, what it is like when you have been limited in your freedom, ability to think, or discover yourself.
Unchecked belief systems weigh heavily on your ability to move or function. At this point, only outside help is going to be able to move the mountain of manure produced by your captivity in this small space.
Specialized skill sets are needed to strategically remove that which has become overgrown in your heart and mind, preventing you from experiencing a full life and freedom.
This healing process takes time and a loving support system. As you feel your freedom and strength return, you’ll be in the right place to embrace the power of YOU.
APRIL 6 - Re-examining Your Memories
FEBRUARY - Know the Patterns!
Once you understand the behaviors and belief systems behind narcissism, you’ll be better equipped to set boundaries, heal, and navigate the journey to wholeness.